• bachelor’s degree or German Diplom degree in one of the following fields: industrial engineering, engineering, business, or logistics
  • degree grade of 2.5 or better
  • 210 Credit Points (ECTS credits), under specific conditions also 180 ECTS credits possible; for details, please refer to the study and examination regulations
  • Engineering: in particular, fundamental skills/knowledge in the fields of electrical engineering, engineering mechanics, material science, and construction (minimum of 20 ECTS credit points)
  • Business: above all, fundamental knowledge in the fields of general business administration, private business law, as well as internal and external accounting (minimum of 20 ECTS credit points)
  • If the requirements mentioned above are met, admission is also possible with another German or foreign higher education degree considered equal

Start of studies is possible in the summer and winter semester.

Language requirements

In addition to possessing a bachelor´s certificate you will have to prove certain language skills in order to be enrolled. If you intend to study in German, prove of German language proficiency of the level B2 is necessary.

Which certificates/exams are recognised is listed in the overview "Language requirements" or can be found on the webpage of the Department of Student Affairs.

Applicants from abroad

On the pages of the International Office, applicants from abroad will find information about specific requirements.


Please apply online. Information about and links to the online application portal are available from the pages of the Department of Student Affairs (HSST).

Please absolutely stick to the general application deadlines of THWS, even if you cannot submit all required documents yet. Applications received after the deadline will unfortunately not be considered!

In the case of a German Diplom degree or proof of a qualification recognized as being of equivalent value, ECTS credit points can be transferred into the master’s programme.


For information about fees, please visit the pages of the Department of Student Affairs.